This membership program is available to state and national banks and savings banks that have a main office or branch in Illinois. After completing the application form, an IBA Bank Services representative will contact you to discuss membership benefits and membership dues.
- COMPLETE COMPLIANCE RESOURCES - Take advantage of nearly 100 free online compliance training courses through Regulatory University. Many bankers say this benefit alone is worth the price of their IBA membership. In addition, check out the Compliance Division, the Compliance Connection™ website at www.GoToIBA.com, the online compliance forum, compliance telephone briefings and the Compliance Helpdesk at 1-800-GO-TO-IBA.
- EDUCATION TRAINING - The IBA provides premier training for all employees - from teller training
and commercial real estate lending seminars to future leader development and human resources
forums - at substantial savings for members. Bank employees can choose the delivery format that is
best for them: in-person seminars, online, webinars, conferences and a host of other options.
- SPECIALTY CONFERENCES - IBA conferences are designed to keep Illinois banks up-to-date and
informed of industry issues on a more specialized basis. Our schedule includes the Annual
Conference & Trade Show and our mega-conference, The ONE, which features a variety of tracks,
including Human Resources, Technology and Operations, Bank Marketing, Financial Management,
Leadership, Lending and Retail Banking. The IBA also holds an Ag Banking Conference,
Compliance Conference, Women in Banking Conference, Midwest Bank Leaders Conference and
Bank Counsel Conference.
- INSURANCE SERVICES - The IBA offers multiple options for your employee benefits including
fully-insured and partially self-funded medical plans. In addition, we offer Life, Dental, LTD, STD
and Vision plans. Financial institution coverages include Blanket Bond, D & O, Cyber Liability,
Social Networking Liability, Employment Practice Liability and Property/Casualty.
- REPRESENTATION IN SPRINGFIELD AND IN WASHINGTON, D.C. - Belong to the most powerful banking
trade association in the state and benefit from our seasoned Government Relations team that is
considered one of the best in the Statehouse. The IBA advocates the value of Illinois' banking
industry by initiating, negotiating and lobbying for progressive and innovative legislation.
- PREFERRED VENDORS AND ASSOCIATE MEMBERS - The IBA partners with nearly 20 Preferred Vendors
and more than 200 Associate Members to serve financial institution needs. IBA member banks
receive exclusive services and substantial discounts. Check out our online directory of vendors at
- INFORMATION AND EXCEPTIONAL STAFF - Our expert staff with more than 248 years of combined service is highly motivated and dedicated to serving our industry. The IBA also is the
leading statewide information resource in the industry. Not only do we provide 24/7
information through a state-of-the-art website, toolkits and award-winning publications,
but IBA also is the "go-to" source for media outlets throughout the state, providing
background material and interviews for nearly 200 media reps each year. The IBA's Illinois Banker magazine (digital and print) is read by more than 3,000 banking professionals each month, and our widely-read e-newsletters provide the most current information and programs available.
- GOVERNANCE - More than 220 Illinois bankers and associates serve on IBA Committees and Boards. Committee members help shape the industry and benefit by interacting with their
banking peers at regional and statewide events.
- PUBLICATIONS - The IBA offers a wide variety of publications, including the Bank Compensation and Benefits Survey, Record Retention Manual, Guide to Basic Banking, Illinois Bank Directory and Illinois Banker magazine.